- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Water 2 1/4 cups
- Onion chopped- 1 small
- Green chillies – 1 nos
- Ginger- 1 piece
- Garlic -2 or 3 cloves
- Green peas-3/4 cup
- Carrots and green beans cubed- 1 1/4 cup
- Corriander leaves chopped -1 handful
- Ghee/oil-2 to 3 tbl spoon
- Cinnamon stick- 2 nos
- Cardamom- 2 no
- Star anise – 2 nos
- Cloves-6 nos
- Bay leaves- 2 small
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Heat ghee/oil ,add cumin seeds and let it splutter,add all of the whole spices and roast till the aroma is released.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent ,now add the crushed green chillies,ginger and garlic and cook till the raw smell leaves.
- Add the chopped vegetables ,and green peas and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the washed and drained rice and fry for few minutes.
- Pour two cups of water,add salt to taste .
- Add the corriander leaves.
- Cover the pan and cook till the rice is done.
Serve with raitha and pickle.