Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Sumedha ofSumee’s culinary bites.I made these delicious methi parathas from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- Fenugreek leaves/Methi leaves- 1 bunch
- Whole wheat flour- 3 cups + extra for dusting
- Chili powder- 2tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Ajwain seeds/carom seeds-1 tsp
- Garlic (crushed)- 2cloves
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt to tasste
- Wash methi leaves, and chop it finely.
- Combine all the other ingredients with the methi leaves and knead well to form a soft dough by adding sufficient quantity of water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the dough and roll it gently to form a thin circle ,over a surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Heat a non stick pan and put the paratha on the hot pan and cook on medium heat for about 15 seconds.
- Turn it over and cook on the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Flip it over again and gently press the paratha using the spatula or a clean kitchen towel for a few seconds.
- Serve with raitha and pickle or gravy of your choice.