Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Vatsala of Show and tell.I made these delicious chco rolls from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- Arrowroot biscuit(powdered)-1/2 packet
- Cocoa powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup(approx)
Coffee cream layer
- Butter-1/4 cup
- Sugar(powdered)-1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence-1/4 tsp
- Instant coffee powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cream butter ,powdered sugar and coffee powder together until light and fluffy.Now add vanilla essence and combine well.Keep aside.
- Now to prepare the chocolate layer combine finely powdered biscuits,cocoa powder and 2 tbsp sugar.Add sufficient quantity of milk and knead well to form a soft dough(like chapathi dough).
- Roll the dough into a 1/4 inch thick sheet over an aluminium foil.
- Spread the coffee butter cream on the chocolate layer and start rolling it from the longer side to form a cylinder.(use the aluminium foil to lift and roll the sheet.)
- Cover this with aluminium foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces and serve.