Makes : 12 nos
- Chickpeas- 1 cup
- Ginger -chopped- 1 inch piece
- Garlic- chopped- 4 cloves
- Green chilies -chopped- 2 nos( or to taste)
- Onion -chopped-1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Spinach-chopped-1 cup
- All purpose flour-1 tbsp
- Water- as required
- Bread crumbs- as required
- Oil – for frying
- Soak chickpeas overnight or for 6 to 8 hrs and cook until soft.Allow it to cool slightly and mash it well.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add ginger,garlic and green chilies.saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric ,kashmiri chili ,cumin and garam masala powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped spinach and salt to taste.Mix well until combined and cook until it is almost dry.Allow this to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add prepared spinach and mashed chickpeas.Mix well using a wooden spatula until combined.
- Combine all purpose flour and water to form a thin batter.Keep aside.
- Form lemon sized balls out of the chickpeas- spinach mixture and flatten it using your finger tips.Dip this in the prepared batter and evenly coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the patties/tikkis until golden brown,carefully turning once in between.Drizzle more oil on top during frying( if required).