Recipe source: Rakskitchen, you can find the original recipe here.
- Corn flour–
- Cardamom powder–
- Soak saffron in 3 tbsp warm milk.Keep aside.
- To prepare Rabri,bring milk to a boil, in a saucepan.Add saffron and cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp milk.Mix well and cook until it turns slightly thick.Add cardamom powder ,mix well and keep aside.
- To prepare sugar syrup,combine sugar with few tbsp of water and cook until it turns thick.
- Cut the bread into triangular pieces.Shallow fry / deep fry it in ghee,until it turns golden brown.
- Fry the nuts in the same pan ,drain and keep aside.
- Soak the bread pieces in the prepared sugar syrup for a minute, and transfer it onto the serving bowl/plate.
- Pour the prepared rabri over the bread pieces.Serve warm or chilled.
- Add few drops of rose essence to the rabri,if desired.
- If you don’t want to use cornflour,reduce a liter of milk to half,by cooking over a medium low flame.
- You can add 1 or 2 tbsp of the remaining sugar syrup to the rabri ,if desired.