Banaras style sweet lassi ,served with rabdi and malai.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: –
- Thick yogurt- 2 cups(recipe below)
- Sugar-1 to 2 tbsp( or according to taste)
- Rabdi / Rabri– 2 tbsp
- Almonds,sliced- 2 to 3 tsp(optional)
- Saffron strands -to garnish( optional)
- In a bowl ,whisk ( using a whisk or mathu-wooden whisk) together yogurt and sugar until combined.
- Pour this into serving bowls and add top with rabdi/rabri.Garnish with almonds and saffron strands.Serve immediately.
- Full fat milk- 2 cups
- Yogurt ( with live culture)-1 to 2 tbsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan,bring milk to a boil.Reduce flame to low and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes ,or until it turns slightly thick.Stir well in between to avoid burning.Allow it to cool until luke warm .Add yogurt and mix well.
- Pour this into a jug /bowl and back to the first one.Repeat this few times so that the yogurt is mixed well with the milk.
- Pour this into shallow vessel /clay pot ,cover and keep aside in a warm place for about 5 to 8 hours or until set.
Ingredients to prepare yogurt:
- You can also add 1 or 2 tbsp of malai /cream to the lassi ,if desired.
- Garnish with 1 or 2 tsp finely chopped pistachios ,if desired.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.