Kerala style Prawn curry using coconut milk.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Prawn,cleaned- 250 to 300 gms
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,sliced – 1 large( about 1 cup)
- Green chilies,cut into two – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger and garlic ,crushed – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1.5 to 2 tsp (or according to taste,See notes)
- Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp + 1 pinch
- Tomato,chopped- 1 large (about 3/4 cup)
- Thin coconut milk – 1 cup( or as required)
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- as required
- Adjust the quantity of Kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.I used about 2.5 tsp of Kashmiri chili powder as we wanted it a bit spicy.
- Adjust the quantity of thin coconut milk according to the amount of gravy required.