Cauliflower masala stuffed Indian flat bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 parathas
- Whole wheat flour- 1 Cup(+ extra for dusting)
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Oil / Ghee – as required
For Cauliflower stuffing:
- Cauliflower,grated- 1 to 1 and 1/4 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped – 1/4 cup
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 ( or according to taste)
- Ginger ,finely chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- as required
In a bowl,combine together whole wheat flour,salt and sufficient quantity of water and mix well.Knead to form a soft dough.Cover and keep aside for atleast 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.Add onion,green chilies and ginger .Saute until onion turns golden brown.
Now add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder.Saute for few seconds.Add grated cauliflower and salt to taste.
Cook until all the moisture evaporates . Add coriander leaves ( if using) and switch off the stove.Allow this filling to cool completely.
Divide the dough into 6 to 8 equal parts. Roll a portion of the dough into a circle of 4″ diameter on a lightly floured surface.
Place 1 tbsp cauliflower filling in the center.Bring all the sides to the center and seal tightly.
Pinch off the excess dough,if desired.Dust the surface with whole wheat flour ,roll the stuffed dough lightly to form 6 to 7 ” circle.(Lightly dust the parathas with flour,if it sticks to the rolling pin or the working surface.)
Heat a nonstick /iron tawa ,place the paratha and let it cook until the color changes slightly for about 15 seconds over medium high heat.Flip the paratha and cook for few more seconds.Drizzle 1 tsp oil over the paratha.Flip the paratha again and gently press using a spatula.Cook until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.Serve hot with pickle and yogurt.
- For best results, drizzle ghee over the parathas.