Vegetable and cheese sandwich
Healthy and delicious vegetable and cheese sandwich
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Garlic,chopped – 1 large clove
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Spring onion whites,chopped – 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 , according to taste
- Cabbage,chopped – 1/2cup
- Carrot,chopped – 1/4cup
- Bell pepper ( red and green),chopped – 1/2cup
- Soya sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder -1/2 tsp(or according to taste)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp + more as required
- Grated mozzarella cheese – as required
- Butter – as required
- Whole wheat bread- 4 slices
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil/olive oil /sesame oil- as required
Heat oil in a pan , add garlic, onion , spring onion whites and green chilies.Saute for about 20 to 30 seconds.Next add chopped carrot and cabbage.Saute for few minutes or until tender.
Next add bell pepper and stir fry for about a minute.Now add soya sauce and stir well.
Add black pepper powder ,1 tsp tomato sauce and salt to tatse,mix well until combined.Switch off the stove and allow the vegetable mixture to cool slightly
Take 2 slices of bread and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on each.Spread half of the prepared vegetable mixture followed with the grated cheese on one slice.
Cover with the other slice.Repeat with the remaining slices.Heat butter in a pan .Place the sandwich in the pan and grill until both sides are golden brown.
Transfer the sandwich to a plate,cut in half and serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and black pepper powder according to your taste.