Paneer Matar Masala
Quick and easy paneer matar masala recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Onion,sliced- 1 and 1/4 cup( 2 large)
- Ginger,chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic,chopped- 1 tsp
- Tomato,chopped – 1/2 cups(1 medium)
- Green chili,chopped – 1 or 2(according to taste)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green peas,frozen- 1/2 cup
- Paneer cubed – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Cream-2 tbsp
- Kasuri methi – 2 generous pinch
- Vegetable oil – as required
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
Heat oil in a pan,add onion ,ginger and garlic,Saute until onion turns golden.
Add tomato and cook until it turns mushy.Allow this to cool slightly.
In a blender add the onion -tomato mixture and blend to form a thick, smooth paste adding sufficient quantity of water as required .Keep aside.
In the same pan ,heat butter and add cumin seeds , let it splutter.
Now add the onion-tomato paste and mix well.Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder,garam masala powder,kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder and cumin powder.
Cook until the masala starts to leave the sides of the pan,or oil starts to separate.Stir continuously to avoid burning.Now add the green peas, salt and sufficient quantity of water.Cover and cook for few minutes or until the gravy turns slightly thick and oil starts to separate.
Next add the paneer cubes and mix gently.
Add crushed kasuri methi and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Finally add cream and switch off the stove.Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with rice or chapathi.
- you may shallow fry the paneer cubes in oil ,if desired.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.
- You may also add cashew nut paste instead of cream.