Methi Matar Malai
Fresh fenugreek leaves and green peas cooked in a rich ,creamy sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Onion,finely chopped- 1 large( about 3/4 cup)
- Green chilies,sliced- 2 to 3( according to taste)
- Ginger,chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic,chopped- 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 8 to 10
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves/Methi leaves – 1 cup
- Frozen green peas(soaked in water for 10 min and then drained) – 1/2 cup
- Hot water- 1 cup or as required
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream- 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required
- Coriander leaves,chopped – to garnish
- You could also use cashew cream instead of fresh cream.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.
- If you prefer to use fresh green peas,cook the peas before adding to the gravy.