Restaurant style Chicken Pepper Fry
Easy restaurant style chicken pepper fry
- 500 to 600 gms Chicken cut into medium pieces
- 2 cups Onion Finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomato Finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper powder freshly powdered( more as needed)
- 3/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger and garlic crushed
- 2 to 3 sprigs Curry leaves
- Salt to tase
- Coconut oil/vegetable oil as required
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Salt To taste
- In a bowl,add the chicken along with the ingredients listed under 'for marination',mix well and set aside for about 30 minutes.Heat oil in a pan ,add onion and tomato ,saute well over medium flame (for about 25 to 30 minutes)until onion is well caramelized.
- Add the chicken and cook over high flame for few minutes,stirring in between, until the colour changes slightly.
- Reduce the flame to medium ,add kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,black pepper powder,garam masala,ginger ,garlic ,curry leaves and salt to taste.Mix well.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.Uncover and stir well in between to avoid burning.
- When the chicken is almost done add more curry leaves ,1 or 2 tsp oil and black pepper powder to taste.Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes ,stirring well in between ,until browned on all the sides.Serve with porotta/rice/appam
Adjust the quantity of black pepper powder according to your taste. Recipe source: Pachakam