Boiled fruit cake-The easiest fruit cake recipe you can ever find.Super delicious ,moist and rich, this one bowl fruit cake is just perfect for the last minute needs.
Boiled fruit cake
Easy boiled fruit cake
- 1 cup Brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Water ( i used 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup oirange juice)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 to 1.5 cups raisins,currants and cranberries ( i used 1 cup raisns and 1/2 cup cranberries)
- 1/4 tsp Lemon zest (optional)
- Orange zest from one orange(optional)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Candied mixed peel (I used 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- In a sauce pan ,add brown sugar,water,butter,cinnamon,cloves and ginger powder,salt ,dried fruits(raisins,currants and cranberries) ,orange zest and lemon zest.Boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.Now remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Line a 8" loaf pan with parchment paper.Here i have used a small loaf pan and a 6" cake tin.Preheat the oven to 180 deg c.Once the mixture has cooled completely ,add the eggs and mix well.Next add the all purpose flour, baking soda , vanilla extract and candied peels. Mix gently using a spatula just until combined.(Do not overmix.)
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.