- Hazelnuts-1 cups
- Canola oil- 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
- Honey-1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Spread hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the skins are blistered a little.Allow this to cool a bit.
- Transfer it onto a clean kitchen towel, wrap it and rub vigorously to remove as much skin as possible.Let it cool completely.
- In a food processor ,grind the hazelnuts until it forms a paste.Now add the rest of the ingredients and grind until it is smooth.
- Store in a jar and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
NOTE: Adjust the amount of honey according to your taste or desired consistency.