Rice flour jam cookies
Buttery shortbread like cookie filled with strawberry jam.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes
Yeilds: 28 cookies
- Butter ( room temperature)- 1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Egg-1 medium
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- White rice flour-1.5 cups
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt-1 pinch
- Strawberry jam-1/4 cup(or as required)
- In a mixing bowl,beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg and mix well until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add rice flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt.Mix just until combined.
- Gently knead , just until the dough smooths out.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C,line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 1″ balls and flatten lightly.Place about 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use your finger to make a depression in the center of each cookie.Fill each indentation with about 1/2 tsp jam.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes,or until firm on top.It should have a slight golden bottom.
- Allow it to cool before removing from the baking tray,as these cookies crumble easily while warm.