Kovakka mezhukkupuratti-Lean how to prepare quick and easy kerala style Ivy gourd / Tindora fry.
Kerala style Tindora /Ivy Gourd stir fry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Kovakka /Ivy Gourd,sliced- 2 cups
- Green chilies,cut vertically-1(or according to taste)
- Shallots,sliced- 4 to 5 nos
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Coconut pieces- 1 or 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil-as required
- Salt-to taste
- Heat oil in a pan,add kovakka,green chilies,shallots,curry leaves,coconut pieces.Mix well.Cover and cook until 3/4 th done,stirring once or twice in between.
- Add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder and salt to taste.Mix well and cook on medium flame for about 8 to 10 minutes,stirring well in between.
- Serve with rice.
- Adjust the quantity of chili powder according to your taste.
- You can find more thorn/mezhukkupuratti recipes here.
nandoos kitchenFebruary 22, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Lovely, healthy stir fry
UnknownFebruary 22, 2014 at 10:27 pm
wow tempting stir fry 🙂 looks yummy !!