Eggless Chocolate Cake
Recipe source: www.rakskitchen.net,you can find the original recipe here.
- All purpose flour–
- Cocoa powder–
- Baking Soda–
- Vanilla essence–
- White vinegar or Lemon juice–
- Instant coffee powder–
1/4 to ½ tsp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.Line baking pan ( 9″ x 9″ ) with parchment paper,or grease it with oil and lightly dust with flour.
- Whisk together all purpose flour,cocoa powder,baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl ,combine together sugar,oil,water,vanilla essence,white vinegar and instant coffee powder( if using) until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely and cut into squares.(Or cut the cake horizontally into two using a serrated knife,spread chocolate ganache between the layers and on top of the cake.Sprinkle grated chocolate on top,if desired.)
- Chopped Dark chocolate- 1/2 cup
- Coconut Cream( for vegan option) or use regular cream- 1/2 cup
- In a sauce pan bring cream to just under a boil.
- Transfer this into a bowl,and add the chopped chocolate.Mix well until smooth.
- Allow this to cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour or until required.
Note :You can also use whole wheat flour and brown sugar instead of all purpose flour and white sugar for a healthier cake,as i did.
Sending this to Recipe sharing monday @Jam hands