Makes- 10 to 12 nos
- Green chilies-finely chopped- 1 or 2 nos ( or according to taste)
- Ginger -finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic- finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Onion -finely chopped- 1 medium ( 1/2 cup)
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp( see notes)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- to taste ( I used 3/4 tsp)
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Vegetables-finely chopped- 1 to 1.5 cups( Carrot,beetroot,cabbage,green beans)
- Potato -boiled and mashed- 3 small
- Lemon juice- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves- chopped- 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Water- as required
- Bread crumbs- as required
- Oil – for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chilies,ginger,garlic and onion.Saute until onion turns golden brown ,over a medium low flame.
- Add chili ,turmeric,coriander,black pepper and garam masala powder.Saute for a minute or two.
- Next add chopped vegetables and salt to taste.Mix well ,cook until it is done.
- Add mashed potato,lemon juice and coriander leaves.Mix well until combined.Switch off the stove.Add more salt if required.
- Allow this mixture to cool slightly.Shape it into small balls and lightly flatten it using your finger tips.Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix together all purpose flour and water to form a smooth paste.
- Dip each cutlets in the prepared batter and roll in breadcrumbs to form an even coating.( you can freeze the cutlets at this point,if desired)
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets ,turning once in between.Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Adjust the quantity of chili powder and black pepper powder according to your taste.
- Use vegetable of your choice,like carrot,cabbage,green beans,beetroot etc.Here i have used, one carrot ,one beetroot and few green beans.
Suja ManojJuly 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Yummy and perfect cutlets,love it
divyagcpJuly 16, 2013 at 4:27 am
Cutlet looks delicious.. Perfect tea time snack.
Amina CreationsJuly 16, 2013 at 8:44 am
wow… cutlets look fantastic… perfect!!
great-secret-of-lifeJuly 16, 2013 at 2:26 pm
Looks so tasty and yummy. I want to hv it now
AnonymousJuly 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm
Oh I love the colours…crisp brown cutlets against the whie background and the ketchup…Would love to bite in t them!
TehmeenaNovember 14, 2013 at 6:43 am
Nice cutlets! very nice presentation like your blog !you know what i have tried cutlets in a different way.. best for kids.. do visit my place when time permits Vegetable Cutlets Love to have your feedback!
KurryleavesNovember 15, 2013 at 7:13 am
Thank you Teena for your kind words..will check out your blog…Thank you for visiting
Simply Cheerful FoodMarch 21, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Thanks for posting mouth watering recipe
UnknownApril 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm
Hello, i tried this & it came out delicious …… Thank you very much….
KurryleavesApril 30, 2014 at 7:51 pm
Thank you dear !!!soo happy that it worked well for you!!
UnknownMay 18, 2015 at 9:46 pm
These are some great pictures! I will surly try those cutlets 🙂