Nadan Beef Fry
Recipe adapted from : Flavors of Kerala
Spicy Kerala style beef fry.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Beef,cut into cubes- 1/2 Kg
- Ginger,finely chopped-1.5 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped- 1.5 tsp
- Shallots(chumanulli),sliced-3/4 cup
- Coconut slices-1/2 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder-3/4 to 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Vinegar-2 tsp
- Onion ,sliced-3/4 to 1 cup
- Curry leaves-3 to 4 sprigs
- Garam masala powder-3/4 to 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-as required
- Salt-to taste
- Water-as required
- Coconut oil-as required
For Masala Powder:
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Cloves- 4 to 5 nos
- Star anise- 2 small pieces
- Whole black pepper- 1/4 tsp
- Serve with rice or tapioca.
- Adjust the quantity of black pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with green chilies ,if desired.
nandoos kitchenFebruary 15, 2014 at 6:51 pm
lovely, tasty beef fry
UnknownFebruary 17, 2014 at 2:33 am
Since I no longer eat beef, I must make this with chicken! Yum!
UnknownJune 3, 2016 at 10:59 am
This is very easy to make and real nadan taste……loved it……thank you
deepakFebruary 4, 2017 at 10:59 am
I love to have beef fry with chapati more than that of rice..your dish is yummy..loved your presentation..Homely Dishes having a special lovely taste compared to hotel foods.
UnknownAugust 20, 2017 at 9:47 am
Sounds delicious and look good too ,yum
SUDHIROctober 13, 2017 at 12:14 am
Can we use mutton instead of beef?
KurryleavesOctober 13, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Yes…you may use mutton