Rice flour brownies
Recipe adapted from : The roasted root,you can find the original recipe here.
Gluten free rice flour brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yields: 16 brownies
- Brown rice flour- 1.5 cups
- Baking soda-3/4 tsp
- Instant coffee powder- 1 tsp( optional)
- Salt-1 pinch
- Butter,melted- 3/4 cup
- Sugar-1.25 cups ( i used brown sugar)
- Cocoa powder-1 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 tbsp
- Eggs-3 large
- Dark chocolate chips- 1 cup( optional)
Preheat oven to 180 deg c.Line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl combine together,brown rice flour,baking soda,instant coffee powder ( if using)and salt,using a fork.keep aside.
In a sauce pan,melt butter over medium heat.Add sugar and mix well until combined.
Remove sauce pan from the heat and add cocoa powder.Mix well.
Whisk in vanilla extract.
Add eggs one at a time,whisking well as you do so.Whisk well so that the mixture is smooth and glossy.
Now add the dry ingredients and mix well ,just until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer the batter to the prepared pan.Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or just until cooked all the way through.( Do not over bake.)
Allow it to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- You can also use oats flour instead of rice flour,if desired.
- I used just 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate.
- These brownies taste even better the next day.