Spinach,Coriander and Curry leaves Dosa
Healthy and delicious green leafy vegetable pancake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
Recipe Source : Dosai by Chandra Padmanabhan
- Spinach or Amaranth leaves,chopped – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves,chopped- 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves,chopped – 1/4 cup
- Ginger , chopped- 1/2 ” piece
- Green chilies, chopped – 2( or to taste)
- Dosa batter – 2 cups
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing)- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- To taste
- Oil – as required
- In a blender combine together spinach,coriander leaves,curry leaves,ginger ,green chilies and 1 cup dosa batter.Grind to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl,add cumin seeds,asafoetida ,remaining dosa batter and salt to taste.
- Mix well until combined.
- Heat a tawa/dosa pan.Lightly brush it with oil.Spread a ladle full of batter on the tawa to form a thin and large circle.When the top looks dry ,brush it with oil or ghee.
- Cook until it turns golden and crisp.Serve hot with chutney.
- You can substitute spinach for any greens of your choice.