Quick and easy breakfast/snack using leftover idli/dosa batter.
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Make: 15 to 18 paniyaram
- Idli batter- 1 and 1/2cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves,chopped- few
- Green chili,chopped- 1tsp(or to taste)
- Onion,finely chopped- 1/4 to 1/3cup
- Carrot,Grated -2 to 3tbsp
- Grated coconut- 1 to 1.5 tbsp
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1/2 tbsp
- Hing – 1pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Next add curry leaves,green chilies and onion.Saute till onion turns soft and pink.Now add grated carrot and saute for about a minute.
- Add the grated coconut ,coriander leaves and salt to taste.Allow this mixture to cool slightly.
- Add this mixture into the batter and mix well until combined.
- Heat oil in a paniyaram pan and add 2 tbsp of batter into each hole and cook over medium low heat until the edges turn golden brown.
- Turn over and cook for a minute or two.Serve with coconut chutney.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.
- 1 cup equals 250 ml