Mutta Dosa|Egg Dosa-This popular South Indian street food is super easy to prepare and makes a quick protein packed breakfast.
Quick and easy egg dosa
Prep Time: -10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Dosa Batter – 1 to 1.5 cups
- Egg – 2 large
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 medium
- Tomato,finely chopped – 1 small
- Bell pepper,finely chopped – 1/4 cup(optional)
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 (or according to taste-see notes)
- Curry leaves,finely chopped – few (optional)
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped – 1tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee/oil – as required
- In a bowl combine together egg,onion,tomato,green chilies,curry leaves,coriander leaves and salt .Mix well using a fork or a whisk.Heat a dosa pan.Lightly brush it with oil.Spread a ladle full of dosa batter to form a thin and large circle.
- After about 5 seconds spread 3 to 4 tbsp of the egg mixture over the dosa. Drizzle ghee/oil on top. Once the edges starts to brown turn the dosa over to the other side using a spatula.
- Cook for few more seconds or until completely done. Transfer on to a serving dish and serve with chutney.
- If preparing for kids,you may avoid green chilies and add a pinch or two of black pepper powder instead.
- Click here for more dosa varieties