GREEN GRAM DOSA
- Green gram (soaked overnight)*-2 cups
- Green chili- 1 to 2 nos
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients to form a smooth batter of pouring consistency.Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Heat a non stick tawa, pour a ladle full of batter on to the center of the pan and spread it in circle.(Drizzle oil on the sides if desired)
- Once the edges just starts to turn brown turn it over and cook till done.
- Serve with Coconut-onion chutney.
*Note:To make it more nutritious use spouted green gram
COCONUT ONION CHUTNEY
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Red chilies-4 to5 nos (or to taste)
- Ginger-1/4″ piece
- Tamarind-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Onion -1 small
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves- few
- Grind grated coconut, red chilies,ginger,tamarind and onion with enough water and salt to taste to form a fine paste.Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add curry leaves and fry for few seconds and pour this over the chutney.(This step is completely optional).
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city by Ayeesha
neha mathurAugust 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm
very healthy dosa…
Suja ManojAugust 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Healthy and delicious breakfast..love this dosa so much
schmetterlingwordsAugust 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm
I have first tasted Pesarattu in my office canteen in India. A very nutritious meal for breakfast or as night tiffin. Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
khushiAugust 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm
delicious breakfast option
A Girl's Diary
Indian KhanaAugust 8, 2011 at 12:58 am
Long time I had this ….looks yum and tempting clicks
UnknownAugust 8, 2011 at 5:49 am
I luv this…healthy n filling for breakfast
Rinku NaveenAugust 8, 2011 at 6:09 am
Just love different varieties of dosas. This one looks so healthy and yumm.
UnknownAugust 8, 2011 at 8:57 am
What a delicious spread:) Loved the combo…. dosas are great way to add nutritious touches to a meal. Loved it:)
Herbs and Flowers:Basil. Do send in your entries dear:)
PlatefulAugust 8, 2011 at 10:46 am
Sounds like a healthy variation to the classic dosa. Lovely color too!
Malar GandhiAugust 8, 2011 at 5:48 pm
Guess am first time here, you have a lovely space shaping up here, loved ur clicks…so crisp and beautiful.
Trail for my latest updates at http://www.kitchen-mantra.blogspot.com
Santosh BangarAugust 9, 2011 at 5:36 am
WONDERFUL BREAKFAST DISH
Santosh BangarAugust 9, 2011 at 5:38 am
1ST TIME HERE NICE SPACE HAPPY TO FOLLOW .DO VISIT MY SITE AND FOLLOW IF LIKES
Love2cook MalaysiaAugust 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Healthy and delicious looking dosa, loved it so much! 😀
UnknownAugust 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm
What a wonderful Dosai and I LOVE your presentation!!!! immensely appetizing!
RamyaAugust 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm
I always wanted to try pesarattu after hearing lots n lots abt it from my friends and here u r with the recipe:-)I am going to make it this weekend
Umm MymoonahAugust 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm
Very healthy dosa, I too try to make this every once in a while. Looks great, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook 🙂