Learn how to make rich ,moist and buttery marble cake from scratch.
- 200 gms All purpose flour (1 and 1/3 cup ,without sifting)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 200 gms Unsalted butter
- 200 gms Powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs at room temperature
- 3 to 4 tbsp Luke warm milk
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.Line a 9" pan with parchment paper and set aside.Sift together all purpose flour,baking powder and salt few times.Keep aside until required.Now place the butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk for few minutes until light and fluffy.Scrape the sides of the bowl,in between.Next add the vanilla and mix well.
- Crack the eggs open and pour the yolks and whites into a bowl.Add one egg at a time into the butter-sugar mixture and whisk well,until combined.Scrape the side of the bowl before adding each egg.
- Now sieve in 1/3 rd of the flour mixture and gently fold in until combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the remaining flour mixture in 2 batches.Do not over mix.
- Once the flour is well combined add the milk 1 tbsp at a time.Mix gently to form a smooth and creamy batter.
- Transfer 1/3 rd of the batter into another bowl.Add the cocoa powder to this and mix well until combined.
- Transfer the vanilla cake batter into the prepared cake tin.Add dollops of the chocolate cake batter on top.
- Using a skewer or a fork swirl the chocolate batter into the vanilla.Gently tap the cake tin 1 or 2 times to remove any air bubbles.Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.Remove the cake from the pan,peel off the parchment paper and cool completely.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Click here for more cake /cupcake recipes.