- Semolina/Rava- 1 cup
- Green chili chopped- 1 no
- Ginger chopped- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Cashew nuts- 5-6 nos
- Red chilies- 2 nos
- Asafoetida-1 pinch
- Onion chopped- 1/2 cup
- Carrot and green beans chopped – 3/4 cup
- Frozen green peas-1/4 cup
- Water-1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups
- Salt to taste
- mustard seeds
- Heat 1 tsp of oil/ghee in a pan and roast semolina till fragrant.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add green chili,ginger,curry leaves,cashew nuts ,red chilies and asafoetida.Saute for a minute on low flame.
- Now add onion,carrot and green beans.Saute till the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add frozen green peas and pour water. Add salt to taste.Cover and cook till it starts to boil.
- Now add slowly the roasted semolina ,stirring as you go.
- Reduce the flame to low ,cover and cook for few minutes.
- Open the lid and stir well.Now the upma should be soft and fluffy.(if it looks dry add a few tablespoons of water ,then cover and cook for a minute)
UnknownJuly 21, 2011 at 10:19 pm
wow, that looks so delicious 🙂
VardhiniJuly 22, 2011 at 12:54 am
Looks yummy. Simple and quick to prepare. Vegetables make it healthy too.
Event: Fast food not Fat food
TorviewtorontoJuly 22, 2011 at 5:56 am
colourful delicious looking upuma looks wonderful
Reshmi MaheshJuly 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Thanks for visiting my space…following you..
Upma looks delicious and colorful…Nice clicks..
Prathima RaoJuly 22, 2011 at 7:10 pm
I just cant get enough of your colorful, yummy uppma!!! Awesome clicks..!! First time here & u have a great thing going on here on Kurryleaves..Happy to be following u & do drop into my blog sometime..:)
Sobha ShyamJuly 22, 2011 at 8:22 pm
delicious, colourful and healthy upma..nice clicks dear.
Suman SinghJuly 22, 2011 at 9:09 pm
simple, healthy and delicious upma..
NehaJuly 23, 2011 at 1:53 am
hey…I landed on your blog from somewhere and found it amazing…Very good clicks with nice recipes…Do visit me at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
PushpaJuly 23, 2011 at 7:24 am
Upma looks delicious.
Jayanthy KumaranJuly 23, 2011 at 11:52 am
this is just awesome dear..yummy clicks..
KurryleavesJuly 23, 2011 at 4:07 pm
Thank you all….
Sensible VegetarianJuly 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm
Delicious and colorful one.
ManjuAugust 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm
looks perfect!! so colorful 🙂 nice dear…
I add freshy grated coconut also 🙂