Eggless Doughnuts Recipe -Learn how to prepare fluffy and delicious eggless doughnuts with chocolate glaze.
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 4 tbsp +1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 2 cups All purpose flour (i used 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp Milk powder
- 4 tbsp Melted butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Milk / water( at room temperature) (as required-See notes)
- vegetable oil for deep frying
For chocolate glaze
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp water
- In a small bowl , combine together luke warm milk,1 tsp powdered sugar and yeast.Set aside for about 2 to 3 minutes until frothy .
- Combine together 4 tbsp powdered sugar,all purpose flour and milk powder in a large mixing bowl.Add the melted butter and the yeast mixture and mix gently using your finger tips.Cover and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the salt and mix well.Gradually add sufficient quantity fo milk and mix well to form a smooth and slightly sticky dough.Knead well for 10 to 12 minutes until the dough turns soft.
- Add oil and continue to knead for about 5 minutes until the dough turns soft and elastic.(when it is done you will be able to stretch the dough into translucent film without breaking easily.)Transfer into a greased bowl .Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume for about 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours.
- To see if the dough has proofed enough,gently poke your finger into it.If the dough quickly bounces back ,it isn't ready,if it comes back slowly,the dough is ready.Punch down the dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.Roll the dough out to 1/2" thickness.Cut the doughnuts using a doughnut cutter (or use a 3" round cookie cutter to cut the outer round and a small cookie cutter or a bottle cap to make the center holes.)
- Place the doughnuts atleast 1" apart on a parchment paper or a lightly floured tray.Cover loosely with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise for about 15 to 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- To prepare the glaze add all the ingredients listed under'for chocolate glaze' in a bowl/double boiler.Place over a saucepan of simmering,but not boiling water.Stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan.Carefully place a couple of doughnuts in the oil.The doughnuts should immediately float to the top and puff up.Carefully flip them over to the other side.Fry for 1 or 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.Transfer onto a clean kitchen towel.Allow it to cool slightly before glazing.
- Repeat with the remaining doughnuts and holes.
- Dip one side of each doughnut into the chocolate glaze.
- Let any excess glaze drip off.Transfer them onto a parchment paper.Garnish with grated chocolate ,if desired.Allow the glaze to set before serving.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Click here for glazed doughnuts recipe (with eggs)