- Frozen puff pastry ,thawed- 2nos
- Chicken (cooked with salt and pepper,bones removed and shredded)-1 cup
- Ginger and garlic crushed- 1tsp
- Onion chopped finely- 1 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder- 1/2-3/4 tsp
- Chicken masala- 1tsp (or Garam masala– 1/2 tsp)
- Tomato chopped finely- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1 tbsp(optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan , add ginger and garlic.Saute till done.
- Add onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder,chili powder and chicken masala. Saute for a minute.
- Add tomato and shredded chicken.Add salt and pepper to taste and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander on top and switch off the stove.Keep this chicken mixture aside.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares.Gently press the puff pastry squares into greased muffin cups and prick the bottom of the cups with a fork a few times.
- Spoon chicken mixture into pastry cups and brush the edges lightly with milk.
- Bake at 200 c for 20- 25 minutes or until the edges turn golden.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup if desired.
Sending this to
Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city
Iftar moments event hosted by ayeesha of Taste of pearl city
RamyaJuly 20, 2011 at 4:31 pm
lovely…i have some puff pastry sheets left…will try soon…
Umm MymoonahJuly 20, 2011 at 6:02 pm
Great appetizer ideas for parties, lovely presentation.
Sobha ShyamJuly 20, 2011 at 7:49 pm
wow, this is really cool idea, cute chicken cups..very yummy n lovely recipe..
khushiJuly 21, 2011 at 5:45 am
lovely cups…..a perfect party recipe….I liked your recipes….following you 🙂
visit my space sometime
Umm MymoonahJuly 25, 2011 at 4:18 am
Congratulations! Your recipe got featured on this week Any One Can Cook 🙂
KurryleavesJuly 25, 2011 at 8:14 am
Thanks a loooooottt Ayeesha
schmetterlingwordsJuly 25, 2011 at 6:06 pm
Chicken cups look very pretty. Beautiful presentation 🙂
ManjuAugust 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm
i shud say..u r amazing!! you got very nice collection…i am loving each and every post!!