- Prawns(cleaned)-250 to 300 gms
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Drumstick(cut it into 2″ long pieces)-1 no
- Kudampuli/Kokum(soaked in water)- 2 nos
- Tomato(sliced)-1 large
- Green chilli-2 to 3 nos(to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut- 3/4 cup
- Shallots- 4 nos
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 to 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Water- 1cup
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Shallots(sliced)- 3 nos
- Curry leaves-few
- Dried red chili- 3 nos
- Grind grated coconut with the the rest of the ingredients to grind to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- In a pan or a manchatti cook prawns with turmeric powder,salt and about 1 cup water.
- When it is half done add drumstick pieces and cook till it is done.
- Now add the coconut paste,kudampuli,tomato,green chilli,water and salt to taste .
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.Switch off the stove.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Now add fenugreek seeds,fry for few seconds.
- Add red chilies,curry leaves and shallots,fry till shallots turn golden brown.Pour this over the curry and serve.
Note:you can also use raw mango instead of tomatoes.
Sending this to Kerala kitchen event hosted by Khushi of A girl’s diary
Love and other SpicesOctober 23, 2011 at 8:37 pm
Looks authentic,love the look!
Reshmi MaheshOctober 24, 2011 at 2:22 am
Yummy curry..Looks delicious…Nice presentation..
khushiOctober 24, 2011 at 3:32 am
delicious!! loved the curry recipe…hey why dnt uparticipate in th eKerala kitchen event…I m hosting it this month….do send me your entries
MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!.October 24, 2011 at 4:21 am
Oh!,Healthy and delicious Prawn preparation luks tempting.Luv it
TinaOctober 24, 2011 at 4:28 am
nice presentation…curry looks mouthwatering…
UnknownOctober 24, 2011 at 6:42 am
Prawns with drumstick is a awesome combination yummy looking!
Priya SureshOctober 24, 2011 at 11:30 am
Omg, fingerlicking curry, seriously am drooling over that flavourful bowl of irresistible curry.
SumeeOctober 24, 2011 at 3:38 pm
Looks delicious. Love your clicks.Never had this combination before and also new concept of tadka for a non-veg item. Nice.
MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!.October 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm
Dear Blogger Friend,Wish U a Warm and Happy Diwali.Enjoy the Festivities with taste-filled delights,Safe and Delicious Memorable Moments – Regards, Christy Gerald
SanOctober 24, 2011 at 6:21 pm
Whoa that's an amazing prawn curry, iam salivating here 🙂 You have a warm and a cute space. Thanks for visiting my space. Glad to follow you. Enjoy diwali!.
SanOctober 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm
Btwn iam your 100 th follower:) Congrats!
Suja ManojOctober 24, 2011 at 7:12 pm
Beautiful presentation and evergreen combo..love it..
NishaOctober 25, 2011 at 1:40 am
Loved your kalchatti and coconut shell spoons. Curry is making me hungry.
Treat and TrickOctober 25, 2011 at 6:02 am
Great presentation and make me drool!
Rinku NaveenOctober 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Wow! This is one of my fav curry. Makes me drool. Loooooved your presentation. Too good!
UnknownOctober 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm
your pictures are speaking a lot. chemmeen murigakka curry is truly delicious.
My Kitchen Experiments
SwathiOctober 26, 2011 at 6:40 pm
Adipoli curry, love the chritta thavis.
PujaOctober 28, 2011 at 5:12 am
What a beautiful presentation dear – great recipe!
UnknownOctober 28, 2011 at 2:59 pm
That is a really attractive presentation of my old time favorite curry konju and muringakka!!
Glorious with rice:)
Sobha ShyamOctober 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm
wonderful combo and curry looks so delicious dear..superb clicks..
cityJanuary 3, 2013 at 1:52 am
thanks for sharing.
UnknownJanuary 31, 2015 at 11:56 am