- Egg hard boiled- 2 nos
- Onion (diced)- 2 large
- Tomato(diced)- 1 large
- Cashew nuts(soaked in water for 15 to 20 minutes)-6 to 8 nos
- Ginger chopped finely-1/2 tsp
- Garlic chopped finely-1/2 tsp
- Green chili(cut vertically)-1or 2 nos( according to taste)
- Chili powder-1 1/2 to 2 tsp(to taste)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-3/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk- 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add onion , tomato and cashew nuts into a blender and blend to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds and let it splutter.Add ginger ,garlic and green chili and saute till done.Now add onion -tomato paste and cook until raw smell leaves.
- Now add chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder , garam masala and salt.cook till oil separates.
- Add coconut milk and required amount of water .Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes,or until gravy thickens.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into two and place it over the gravy ,carefully cover it with the gravy.
- Cover the pan and cook for one more minute,add chopped coriander leaves and serve with appam.
SwathiOctober 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm
Mutta curry looks delicious. Appam will be great combo.
MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!.October 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm
Egg Curry luks yumm and presented well.Luv it.
TorviewtorontoOctober 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm
yummy looking flavours and combination
KalyaniOctober 31, 2011 at 2:03 am
Looks delicious with tempting clicks ….
VardhiniOctober 31, 2011 at 3:49 am
Curry looks yummy .. nice clicks.
Event: Halloween Fiesta
TinaOctober 31, 2011 at 6:55 am
beautiful clicks nd presentation dear….yummy curry too…
UnknownOctober 31, 2011 at 7:19 am
Wow looks so tempting..yummy
Manju @ Manjus Eating DelightsOctober 31, 2011 at 1:37 pm
Lovely….could just eat it off your clicks 🙂
Suja ManojOctober 31, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Creamy and delicious egg curry..beautiful presentation.
AzOctober 31, 2011 at 4:36 pm
Looks rich and delicious..
Priya SureshOctober 31, 2011 at 5:18 pm
Super delicious egg curry, makes me hungry..
NehaOctober 31, 2011 at 6:48 pm
very tempting looking egg curry…..
Sobha ShyamOctober 31, 2011 at 8:04 pm
very delicious and flavourful egg curry, lovely combo with appam..
ROctober 31, 2011 at 11:48 pm
looks totally awesome!
Reshmi MaheshNovember 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm
Delicious looking curry…Great combo…
UnknownNovember 4, 2011 at 7:38 pm
Simply superb egg curry. With aappam, it looks delicious.
AjayApril 4, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Just made this egg curry,simple yet rich and creamy. Came out Very good thanks, tastes great, keep up the good work, keep posting thank you kurryleaves.