CHENA MEZHUKKUPURATTI / ELEPHANT YAM STIR FRY-Learn how to prepare Kerala style spicy elephant yam stir fry.
- Chena/Elephant Yam (peeled and cubed)- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp+ 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Garlic crushed- 2-3 cloves
- Shallots (sliced)-1/2 cup
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Fennel Powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Thoroughly rinse the cubed chena/yam.Add turmeric powder,1/2 tsp chili powder,salt and water to it and cook until done.Do not over cook.Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan ,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add curry leaves,garlic and shallots and saute until it turns translucent.
- Now reduce the flame to low and add 1/2 tsp chili powder, pepper powder and fennel powder.Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add the cooked chena and saute for a few minutes or until it is browned.
- Serve with rice.
UnknownAugust 11, 2012 at 10:37 am
such an inviting post… 🙂 loved the clicks
virunthu unna vaangaAugust 11, 2012 at 11:13 am
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
What's Baking??August 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm
I love yam and this looks absolutely yummy.
great-secret-of-lifeAugust 11, 2012 at 2:20 pm
Very nice looking dish.. So tempting & lovely clicks
Jayanthy KumaranAugust 11, 2012 at 6:29 pm
wow..thanks for sharing this lipsmacking recipe
Shama NagarajanAugust 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm
inviting dear…rush your entries to Fast food event – noodles.
divyagcpAugust 12, 2012 at 12:53 am
Simple and delicious.. Very inviting.
IreneAugust 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm
Delicious and awesome presentation
UnknownAugust 13, 2012 at 8:02 am
wow wonderful clicks and delicious recipe…
Spice up the CurryAugust 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm
amazing photos. looks yummy
foodgalleriAugust 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm
woww.. yummy and great presentation.
You have a beautiful space here.. Glad to follow you.
Reshmi MaheshAugust 13, 2012 at 6:26 pm
Yummy stir fry..
sudhaDecember 2, 2013 at 1:07 pm
Pristine white website with beautiful snaps & authentic kerala recipes.