- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Onion ( chopped)- 1 medium
- Ginger paste- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
- Green chili ( chopped)-1 no( or to taste)
- Carrot ( cubed)-1/4 cup
- Green Beans (chopped)-1/4 cup
- Green peas( frozen)-1/4 cup ( optional)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut-2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves( chopped)-1 tbsp
- Mint leaves ( chopped)-1 tbsp( optional)
- Water- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups
- Cardamom powder-1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash basmati rice,drain well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,add cumin seeds and let it splutter.Now add onion,ginger ,green chili and garlic , saute till onion turns translucent.
- Now add carrot ,green beans and green peas( if using) and saute for a minute.Add turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Now add the rice and stir well.Fry this for a minute or two ,stirring continuously.
- Add grated coconut, coriander leaves,mint leaves and water.Mix well.
- Now Add salt to taste.Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low .Cover and cook until the rice is done,this will take approximately 15 minutes.( Do not stir in between)
- After the rice is just done,sprinkle the cardamom powder over the cooked rice and switch off the stove.
- Gently fluff up the rice using a fork and cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.Serve hot with raitha.
great-secret-of-lifeAugust 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm
So Yummy and quick option… Nice clicks
TinaAugust 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm
perfect and flavourful..
JulieAugust 14, 2012 at 5:12 pm
Yummy & flavorful,nice clicks as always:)
Happy Independence Day!!
Do join in the ongoing Events of EP Series-Curry leaves OR Red Dry Chillies @ Spicy Aroma
virunthu unna vaangaAugust 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm
wow… perfect flavorful rice… just loved it…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
RakshaAugust 14, 2012 at 6:07 pm
this looks awesomly delicious
Vimitha DuraiAugust 14, 2012 at 6:20 pm
Nice flavorful rice dear
Divya AAugust 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm
Wow delectable clicks and flavorful recipe 🙂
Today's Recipe – Chicken Balls Curry / Kozhi Urundai Kulambu
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
Amina CreationsAugust 15, 2012 at 1:53 am
wow… garam masala rice looks flavourful and delicious.. fabulous presentation..
UnknownAugust 15, 2012 at 3:28 am
wow delicious rice,lovely clicks…
UnknownAugust 15, 2012 at 4:40 am
ShabbuAugust 15, 2012 at 11:24 am
Delicious and flavourful rice…lovely clicks..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
UnknownAugust 15, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Flavourful and yummy looking rice!
Spice up the CurryAugust 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm
this looks mouthwatering. nice one
Srividhya RavikumarSeptember 4, 2012 at 7:52 am
that's a unique rice ..lovely..
FamilycookSeptember 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm
This is new to me but, I love the pics as well as the recipe:)
UnknownOctober 1, 2012 at 6:44 pm
Wow, nice & fluffy looking garam masala rice
New to ur space & liked your recipe collection. Following you.
Check out my space & follow if u like
Blog – http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen
AzOctober 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm
hey there.. its been so long no updates from you – are you ok? email me at desizayeka[at]gmail.com
SerahOctober 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Heyy.. superb blog!! and i LOVE the photography. landed on ur blog while searching for the meat cutlets and glad i found ur blog. I am a food blogger too and ur blog has been a inspiration to do more. Thanks a ton. Looking forward to lots nd lots of good stuff from u :). My blog is thecaptainskitchenette.blogspot.in .
UnknownNovember 1, 2012 at 6:52 am
nice clicks….and the rice looks absolutely delicious!!
UnknownMarch 6, 2014 at 11:31 am
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.