Recipe source: Divine taste,you can find the original recipe here
- All purpose flour-3/4 cup( 100 gms)
- Cornflour-3 tbsp( 30 gms)
- Icing sugar-1/2 cup(60 gm) see notes
- Butter-1/2 cup(100 gms)
- Milk-2 tbsp( if required)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp ( or use 1/2 tsp cardamom powder)
- Preheat oven to 175 Deg C.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together all purpose flour and cornflour.Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.Next add vanilla extract and mix well.( If the dough is stiff ,add milk as required.)
- Transfer this to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out rosettes on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.(I prefer baking the cookies until the color turns to a pale golden.)
- Leave it on the baking tray for few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make 1 cup of icing sugar ,powder together 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 tbsp cornflour until it turns into a fine powder.
- Use milk only if the dough is stiff.
- You can also divide the dough into equal sizes balls and lightly flatten with your palm and bake.
- For the cookies to retain the shape ,place the piped cookies in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes before baking.
- Make sure the oven temperature is right,if the temp is high the cookies will go flat.
Vimitha DuraiJune 19, 2013 at 11:46 am
So buttery and rich
SatyaJune 19, 2013 at 11:50 am
very tempting cookies…..yummy
RakshaJune 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm
these looks good and must be very tasty
AnonymousJune 19, 2013 at 7:35 pm
Looks like a melt-in-your-mouth type cookie! Love it – Liked the soft shade of your clicks too
Shema | LifeScoops
Princy VinothJune 20, 2013 at 7:23 am
looks so delish truly melt in the mouth cookies!
ShreeJune 21, 2013 at 7:25 am
Love those piped cookies ! perfect !
ZareenaJune 23, 2013 at 6:54 pm
mmm…. perfectly baked ones…Amazing clicks too.
luxJuly 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm
What temperature should the oven be set to? Could you please post that too, it would be helpful. The cookies look delish!
KurryleavesJuly 15, 2013 at 7:58 pm
Thank you dear!!…regarding the temp ..oven should be set to 175 C ( 350 F)..i have actually mentioned it in the method section…
Suja RamOctober 28, 2013 at 9:52 am
I just happened to land here when looking for eggless cookies.Wow wow, what a perfect Melting moments and lovely clicks. Too tempting dear. Gonna try tonight.
UnknownApril 23, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Butter-1/2 cup(100 gms
All purpose flour-3/4 cup( 100 gms)
U gave gms same for butter and maida but in gms different measurement … can u explain
AnonymousApril 12, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Its very good recepie but my cookies burnt on bottom and top undone can u give me suggetions
UnknownDecember 24, 2019 at 9:04 pm
How many does this make?