Paneer and Vegetable Sandwich
Quick,easy and delicious paneer and vegetable sandwich
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Ginger and garlic,crushed- 1/2 tsp each
- Onion,sliced – 1/2 cup( 1 small)
- Carrot ,cut into long strips – 1/2 cup
- Bell pepper ,red and green,sliced – 1 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1/4 tsp( or according to taste)
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 small pinch
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp( see notes)
- Crumbled Paneer – 1/4 cup
- Freshly ground ,black peppercorns- 1/2 tsp ( or according to taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil or butter – as required
- Hamburger rolls or bread rolls- 2 or 3
- Heat oil in a pan,add ginger and garlic, saute for few seconds.Add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Next add carrots and cook for 1 or 2 minutes on medium high flame.Add bell pepper and mix well.
- Add kashmiri chili powder,garam masala and cumin powder.Saute for about a 30 seconds.Next add tomato ketchup and mix well until combined.
- Finally add black pepper powder,crumbled paneer and salt to taste.Cook for 2 more minutes,stirring continuously.Set aside.
- To prepare the sandwich,cut open your sandwich bread .Brush oil /butter on a pan and toast the bread.
- Repeat with the remaining bread rolls.
- Place 2 to 3 tbsp of the paneer filling on one half of the bread and top with the other half of the bread.Repeat with the remaining bread rolls.
- If you don’t have tomato ketchup,then make a “quick version tomato ketchup” like i did.All you have to do is,cook one medium pureed tomato(about 1/4 cup) along with 1/4 tsp sugar,1 pinch cumin powder,1 pinch garam masala,1/8 tsp ginger garlic paste,1 pinch black pepper powder,1/8 tsp kashmiri chili powder and salt to taste in a heavy bottomed pan,until it is reduced to half for about 10 minutes.