Vanilla and chocolate layer pudding
Vanilla and chocolate milk pudding using condensed milk.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
- Milk – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/2 of a 400 gms tin
- Sugar- 1 or 2 tbsp ( according to taste)
- Unflavored powdered gelatin- 2.5 tsp( to substitute Agar Agar for powdered gelatin,see notes )
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Hot water- 1/2 cup
- Cooking chocolate,grated – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Grated chocolate – for garnishing,if required
- Soak 2 tbsp agar agar flakes or 2.5 tsp agar agar powder in 3/4 cup water for about 15 to 20 minutes.Add this to the milk,sugar and condensed milk mixture and bring it to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.Switch off the stove and divide the mixture into two, add the grated chocolate into one-half and vanilla extract to the other. To keep the mixture warm, place each bowl over a pot of simmering water.Slowly pour 2 to 3 tbsp of the vanilla mixture into the serving bowls/glasses.Leave to set slightly(if it is completely set then the layers won’t stick to each other).Next add the chocolate mixture and leave to set.Repeat with the remaining vanilla and chocolate mixture.Chill for about 30 minutes and serve.