Gluten and dairy- free chiffon cake
Moist and delicious gluten free,rice flour chiffon cake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Makes: 7″ cake
Recipe source:Victoria Glass ,Great British chefs,you can find the original recipe here.
- Eggs – 3 large( separated)
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Caster sugar- 110 gms + 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar- 1/2 tsp
- Sunflower oil – 65 ml( i used olive oil)
- Lemon zest- from 4 lemons( i used orange zest from 1 large orange)
- Lemon juice – from 2 lemons( i used 1/2 cup orange juice)
- Rice flour – 110 gms( approx 3/4 cup)
- Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
- Icing Sugar- for dusting,if required
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.Line the cake tin with parchment paper, set aside.In a large bowl,whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt, until they form soft peaks.
- Next add 1 tbsp caster sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.Whisk in the white vinegar and keep aside until required.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 110 gms caster sugar,oil ,lemon zest and lemon juice until well combined.
- Sift over the rice flour and baking soda into the mixture,mix well until combined.
- Add half of the egg whites and gently fold to combine.
- Then fold in the rest of the egg whites,working gently so as not to lose any air.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.Do not over bake,if you do so the cake may turn out dry.( I used a 5″ square pan and a 5″ ring mould and baked for approx 30 minutes)
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.Sprinkle icing sugar or drizzle chocolate fudge sauce on top( recipe coming soon) and serve.
SagarFebruary 15, 2019 at 7:14 am
hi,I tried the cake..It came out very well..thank you so much for the wonderful recipe..