Easy Fish Biriyani
Easy kerala style fish Biriyani .
Recipe source:Taste time
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Basmati rice- 1.5 to 2 cups( see notes)
- King fish,medium pieces – 500 gms
- Green chilies,sliced lengthwise – 6 to 8
- Ginger,crushed- 1″ sqaure
- Garlic ,crushed – 10 cloves
- Coriander leaves,chopped- 2 tbsp ( more for garnishing)
- Mint leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Lime juice – from half of a lime
- Yogurt – 1 or 2( according to taste)
- Fried onions – from 2 large onions( more for garnishing)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 generous pinch
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tsp
- Cook rice with salt and sufficient quantity of water , until 3/4 done.Drain and keep aside.Heat ghee in a pan and place the fish in a single layer.Add rest of the ingredients on top.
- Gently stir few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients.Now cover and cook,carefully turning sides once in between until the fish is cooked.
- Reduce the flame to low and add cooked rice on top of the fish masala.Add fried onion and coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook over low flame for 8 to 10 more minutes.Serve with raita and papad.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and black pepper powder according to your taste.
- Garnish using fried cashew nuts and raisins,if desired.
- If you prefer more masala for the biriyani/ spicy biriyani use 1.5 cups rice.For a milder version use 2 cups rice.Here i have used 1.5 cups rice.