AVAL PAYASAM-Learn how to preapre quick , easy and delicious payasam with beaten rice flakes/Aval.
Quick,easy and delicious rice flakes payasam
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
serves: 4 to 5
- Aval,rice flakes – 1 cup( see notes)
- Hot milk- 1 ltr
- Condensed milk- 1/2 tin
- Cardamom powder,freshly ground – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 1.5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts and raisins – few ( optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan ,add rice flakes and fry stirring continuously until it turns crisp over medium flame.Add hot milk and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk and cook for few more minutes or until it turns slightly thick.Add cardamom powder mix well and switch off the stove.Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins fried in ghee.(Aval payasam tends to get thick when it cools down.)
- For best results ,make sure you use good quality ,thin variety rice flakes. Aval payasam tastes best when served chilled.
- Click here for more payasam recipes.
- I used brown rice flakes.
RDecember 1, 2016 at 12:53 am
Looks delicious! Do you get brown rice flakes in US?
AkiraNovember 13, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Do you wash the aval before frying in ghee?
KurryleavesNovember 13, 2017 at 8:37 pm
If it is clean,you don't actually need to wash them.Just in case if you feel that you need to ,give a quick wash and spread on a clean kitchen towel .(Make sure you do this quickly or else it might get soggy.)