Quick and easy Mushroom masala
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Button mushroom,cleaned and sliced- 250 gms
- Onion,sliced- 3/4 cup tsp( 1 large)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp( according to taste)
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Water- 1/8 cup
- Tomato ,chopped- 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil- as required
Heat oil in a pan,add onion and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder,black pepper powder,coriander powder , garam masala and 1/8 cup water.
Cook ,stirring continuously until the masala starts to leave the sides of the pan or oil starts to separate.Add tomato and salt to taste.Cook till tomato turns mushy.
Once tomato is completely cooked, add sliced mushrooms.
Mix well,cover and cook until done.Uncover and cook for few minutes if there is any liquid left.Add more curry leaves,if desired.Serve with rice or chapathi.
- Adjust the amount of kashmiri chili powder and black pepper powder according to your taste.