Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cake
Learn how to prepare easy , tasty and healthy Eggless whole wheat banana cake.
Easy and delicious eggless whole wheat banana cake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8″ cake
- Whole wheat flour(Atta)- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Baking soda – 3/4 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Nutmeg powder – 1 pinch (optional)
- Cinnamon powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- Banana,mashed- 1 and 1/2 cups (3 large or 5 small,see notes)
- Vegetable oil /vegetable oil/melted ghee- 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar/cane sugar/grated jaggery – 1/2 cup+ 2 tbsp(or upto 3/4 cup according to taste)
- Vanilla essence – 1tsp
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Vinegar – 2tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.Line the cake tin with parchment paper.To measure the flour,spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level off.
- Sift whole wheat flour,baking soda,baking powder,salt,nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder into a bowl,keep aside.
- In a separate bowl,mash the bananas using a fork or a whisk.
- Add,vegetable oil,brown sugar,vanilla extract,milk and vinegar,Mix well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined .(Do not over mix.)
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes,then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- 1 cup=250ml
- Use over ripe bananas for best results.
- Click here for more eggless baking recipes