Learn how to prepare immunity boosting Turmeric Milk| Golden Milk.A popular traditional Indian drink prepared with turmeric and milk.
Antioxidant rich turmeric milk recipe
Prep Time: – 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
- Whole Milk- 2 cups
- Fresh turmeric,grated – 1″ piece (or use 3/4 to 1 tsp turmeric powder)
- Black pepper powder- 1 generous pinch(freshly crushed)
- Palm candy- 3/4 tbsp(or any sweetener of your choice)
- In a heavy bottomed pan,combine together milk ,turmeric(grated or turmeric powder) and black pepper powder.Bring this to a boil,stir in between to avoid burning.Switch off the flame.
- Add the palm candy and stir well until dissolved.
- Strain and serve warm or chilled.
- For best result serve while warm.
- If using honey instead of palm candy,add honey once the milk cools down a bit.
- You may also add 1/4″ginger (chopped/sliced) along with turmeric.