Almond Milk Recipe
Saffron and cardamom flavored almond milk.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 people
- Almonds- 1/2 cup(soaked in warm water for 20 min and peeled)
- Milk-2.5 cups
- Saffron-1 pinch
- Cardamom powder-1/8 tsp
- Sugar-1/4 cup( or to taste)
For almond powder mix
- Almonds- 15 nos
- Cashew nuts-10 nos
- Pistachios-10 nos
- Saffron-few strands
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 pinch(optional)
In a blender add soaked and peeled almonds and just enough water.Blend to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
To prepare ‘almond powder mix’ ,combine all the ingredients listed under ‘For almond powder mix’ in a blender ,pulse to form a fine powder.Keep aside.
In a saucepan add milk and bring it to a boil.Cook for few more minutes or until it turns slightly thick,stirring well in between.Add the almond paste ,saffron,cardamom and sugar.Cook for 2 to 3 minutes,stirring continuously.
Add the almond mix powder according to your taste and mix well.I used about 1.5 tbsp.(remaining powder can be stored in an airtight container for later use)
- The leftover almond powder mix can be used to make a quick and delicious drink,all you have to do is,just add 1 tbsp of it to a cup of cold/hot milk and add sugar to taste,mix well and serve immediately.
- For best results use freshly ground cardamom powder.