Chocolate Apple Muffins
Vegan ,whole wheat , refined sugar free -Apple and chocolate muffins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 9 muffins
- Whole wheat flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Grated jaggery /Cane sugar- 1/2 cup
- Apple ,chopped – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.Line a muffin tin with paper cases , keep aside.
- In a bowl,combine together whole wheat flour,baking soda,baking powder,cocoa powder and salt using a fork.Keep aside.
- In another bowl,combine together water,vegetable oil,vanilla extract and jaggery/cane sugar.Stir well until the jaggery is dissolved completely.
- Add this to the prepared dry ingredients and mix gently until combined.( Do not over mix.)
- Next add chopped apple and mix gently.
- Using a spoon,fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.Bake for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.Transfer to a wire rack to cool.