Easy dinner rolls
Learn how to make these light and buttery dinner rolls in about an hour.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes
Yield: 24 rolls
Recipe source:Inquiring Chef,you can find the original recipe here.
- Luke warm water- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Instant yeast-1 tbsp
- Granulated sugar-2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter,softened-2 tbsp
- All purpose flour,lightly spooned into measuring cup and leveled off-4 cups
- Salt-to taste
- Butter,melted- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
Add butter,salt and 2 cups flour, mix until combined.
Add remaining flour and mix well.Knead to form a soft dough for about 10 minutes.( you can use a stand mixer ,if desired)
Cover the dough using a kitchen towel.Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in volume ,for about 20 minutes.
Punch down the dough and turn it on to a lightly floured surface.
Cover using a kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm place until doubled,for about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.
- I halved the recipe,and used 1.5 tbsp of sugar and it tasted perfect.Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.