Easy chicken tikka recipe
Prep Time: 2 to 3 hours
Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Chicken,cut into small pieces- 400 gms
- Oil / melted butter- as required
- Yogurt- 1.5 tbsp
- Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 to 3/4 tbsp (according to taste)
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Tandoori masala-3/4 tsp( or use homemade Tandoori masala)
- Lime juice- 2 tsp
- Mustard oil/vegetable oil- 2 tbsp( see notes)
- Butter- 2 to 3 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- STOVE TOP Method:Drizzle oil on a skillet /grill pan.Place the skewered chicken on the pan and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, over medium heat.Drizzle more oil/butter and turn them over a couple of times,until cooked through ( about 5 to 10 minutes)and slightly charred on the sides.
- Mustard oil has a distinctive pungent taste and a strong flavor.If you do not want to use mustard oil,just use any neutral cooking oil.
- I used homemade tandoori masala.