Learn how to prepare quick ,easy and super delicious Peruvian fried rice /Arroz Chaufa -a Peru’s version of the Chinese fried rice.
Recipe adapted from: Whiskitrealgood.com
Peruvian Fried rice
- 2.5 cups Cooked rice
- 5 Eggs,beaten
- 1 medium Onion,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring onion,whites and green ,chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger,minced
- 2 cloves Garlic,minced
- 2 cups Boneless chicken,cut into small pieces
- 1 medium Bell pepper,chopped
- Black pepper powder,to taste
- Salt ,to taste
- 2 to 3 tsbp Vegetable oil
For Sauce mix
- 1/8 cup Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- In a bowl,beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste.Heat oil in a pan and scramble the eggs.Set aside until required.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the bell pepper and onion ,saute till onion turns translucent.Next add the spring onion,ginger and garlic.Saute until the raw smell leaves.
- Now add the chicken,salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently and cook until chicken turns tender.Next add the bell pepper and saute for about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine together all the ingredients listed under'For sauce mix'.Add this sauce mix into the pan along with the cooked rice and stir gently until combined.
- Finally add the scrambled eggs and salt and peper to taste.Stir well and serve immediately .Garnish with spring onion greens,if desired.
- 1 cup=250 ml
MORE FRIED RICE RECIPE