Recipe Source: www.Cookingchanneltv.com
You can find the recipe here
- Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Light cream- 1 cup
- Cornflour- 3 tbsp
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla pod- 1 or vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Dulce de leche-1 to 2 tbsp ( see note)
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Mix cornflour with 1/4 cup milk and keep aside.
- In a saucepan add rest of the milk,cream ,sugar and salt .If you are using vanilla pod,cut it into two, lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the milk mixture along with the pod.Cook this over medium low heat until it begins to steam.
- Now remove the vanilla pod and add the cornflour mixture,stirring well as you do so.
- Bring this to just under a boil,stirring continuously.
- Now reduce the flame to low and cook for 5 minutes or until the milk mixture thickens.
- If you are using vanilla extract ,add it and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide container .Allow it to cool well.
- Cover and place the container in the refrigerator to chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the container out ,now it should have just started freezing from the outside edges.
- Using a wooden spatula or a sturdy whisk( a hand blender works really well),beat the mixture well to make it smooth once again.Put it in the freezer.
- Continue to check every 30- 40 minutes ,stirring well as it is freezing .( repeat this process 3 to 4 times)
- After the final mixing ,once the mixture is soft,add the dulce de leche 1 tsp at a time and fold in lightly for just two or three times.Put it back in the freezer until it is firm.
Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
Check this link to see 5 different ways to make homemade Dulce De Leche.
UnknownJanuary 31, 2013 at 8:34 pm
gorgeous ice cream, can imagine how it would just melt in my mouth…. beautiful clicks
Manju @ Manjus Eating DelightsJanuary 31, 2013 at 9:41 pm
simply gorgeous!! I would like to give it a try and I have all the ingredients!
RasiJanuary 31, 2013 at 10:25 pm
who would say its home made..looks like the one in ads.. fab ya!
TorviewtorontoFebruary 1, 2013 at 12:29 am
ice cream looks delicious lovely pictures
Amina CreationsFebruary 1, 2013 at 1:15 am
wonderful looking ice cream… mouth watering…
SonaFebruary 1, 2013 at 2:48 am
Spill the Spices
hotpotcookingFebruary 1, 2013 at 3:20 am
Clicks make so tempting
Vimitha DuraiFebruary 1, 2013 at 9:46 am
Creamy and yummy ice cream dear
great-secret-of-lifeFebruary 1, 2013 at 10:38 am
tempting too much… healthier too
UnknownFebruary 1, 2013 at 2:21 pm
drooling drooling here… Looks very tempting..
Priya SureshFebruary 1, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Super tempting smooth icecream,loving it.
KurryleavesFebruary 3, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Thank you all..for your sweeeeet words…