Healthy South Indian Tomato pancake.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 dosas
Recipe source: Dosai by Chandra Padmanabhan.
- Dosa batter – 2 cups
- Asafoetida ( hing) – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves,roughly chopped – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Oil /ghee – as required
Grind to a paste:
- Tomato,roughly chopped – 2 medium
- Fresh grated coconut- 3 tbsp
- Green chilies – 1 or 2 ( according to taste)
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
In a blender combine together all the ingredients listed under ‘Grind to a paste’ to form a smooth paste.
Transfer the prepared tomato-coconut paste into a mixing bowl.Next add dosa batter,asafoetida,cumin,curry leaves and salt to taste.
Mix well until combined.Heat a tawa /dosa pan.Lightly brush it with oil..Spread a ladle full of batter on the tawa to form a thin and large circle.Drizzle oil or ghee over the dosa.
When it is cooked and the edges starts to brown ,turn the dosa over to the other side using a spatula.Cook for few more seconds and transfer onto a serving plate.Serve with chutney /sambar.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.