Mushroom Fried rice
Quick,easy and delicious mushroom fried rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Long grain rice- 3/4 cup
- Garlic,finely chopped – 1.5 tsp
- Green chili,finely chopped – 1( or according to taste)
- Spring onion whites,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Onion,finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Vegetables,finely chopped – 1 Cup( use carrot,cabbage and green beans)
- Mushroom,sliced – 1 cup
- Capsicum,chopped – 1/4 cup
- Soya sauce – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 to 1 and 1/4 tsp( according to taste)
- Spring onion greens,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required(i used olive oil)
- Wash the rice , soak for about 15 minutes and cook just until done.Fluff it up using a fork and allow to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add garlic and saute for few seconds and then add green chili,spring onion whites and onion.Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Now add carrot,cabbage and green beans and saute for about 1 minute.Now add mushrooms and and saute until it is done.
- Add capsicum and saute for 2 more minutes.Next add soya sauce,pepper powder and salt to taste.Stir continuously for about 1 minute.
- Now add cooked rice and gently mix until combined.Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Adjust the quantity of black pepper powder according to your taste.