- Chicken(cut in to small pieces)-500 gms
- Chopped onions-3 to 4
- Chopped tomatoes-2
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Corriander powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tspn
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbspn
- Meat masala-1 tspn
- Garam masala-1/2tspn
- Pepper powder-1to 2 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves-10
- Heat oil in a pan
- Fry the onions and tomatoes together,when the onion turn brown add the chicken and sprinkle some water on top.( make sure the onion is well caramelized,this should take almost 15 to 20 minutes.)
- let the chicken cook for few minutes.
- When the chicken turns soft and is half cooked add ingredients 4 to 11 and fry
- When the chicken turns really brown add another teaspoon of pepper powder and the curry leaves.
If you like it really spicy,increase the amount of pepper powder rather than the chilly powder.
You can ever try the same thing recipe with mutton,only thing is that you have to cook the mutton before adding it to the fried onion,coz mutton takes more time to cook.
Updated on 28 Dec 2012
mamtaAugust 11, 2012 at 9:49 am
Chicken pepper fry came out well – thumbs up to this recipe!
KurryleavesAugust 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Thank You Mamta!!happy to know that you liked it!!!
UnknownJune 4, 2016 at 6:22 am
I have tried it twice bt I dnt GT d same colour for d reciepe it vl not in red colour..I HV skipped meat masala is it because of that…
KurryleavesJuly 10, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Try using Kashmiri chili powder and use garam masala instead of meat masala..
UnknownDecember 27, 2016 at 3:03 am
This came out really well! I made a treat for all 🙂 thanks a ton!
Remya MohanJuly 29, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Turned out nice.
ANIL Varkey ThomasApril 4, 2019 at 3:03 am
This one turned out to be amazing and my family was drooling after each bite. I added one crushed bay leaf and a pinch of dried parsley leaves
ANIL Varkey ThomasApril 4, 2019 at 3:07 am
Wow it turned out to be amazing. My family was drooling over it with every bite. I added one crushed dry bay leaf and a pinch of dried parsley leaves to it